Today people are developing technology to interface directly with the brain. One of the more safe ones (besides just a keyboard and mouse) is EEG (ElectroEncephaloGram). With EEG electrical probes are attached to the head on the surface. These connections are wired to a pre-amplifier or instrument amplifier, digitized and feed into a PC or Mac computer for analysis.
Several very low frequency brain waves have been discovered. The waves are actually radio waves (electro-magnetic) but the magnetic component is so small that just the electrical component is picked up.
Here is a few great articles:
Brain Computer Interfaces
Interface Tech for the Brain
EEG Classification of Different Imaginary Movements within the Same Limb…Great article highliting the importance of goal-oriented imaginary in the bio-feedback loop.
Fully Online Multicommand Brain-Computer Interface with Visual Neurofeedback Using SSVEP Paradigm
Neural coding of basic reward terms of animal learning theory
Brain-computer interfaces: a powerful tool for scientific inquiry
Great article on the current research state of mapping the human brain.
Great article on an internal language the human brain seems to use…How the brain builds new thoughts
While our brain cells work together, groups of them produce very tiny electrical impulses that facilitate processes such as muscle control, imagination, thought, memory, consciousness, and emotional feelings. Electroencephalography (EEG), can detect these impulses as tiny currents. The weak electrical signals, when amplified and input into a computer for processing has led to brain-computer interface (BCI) research.
Little Spokane River, reflections
Books Helping Me in My latest Research Project:
- How to Create a Mind by Ray Kurzweil
- Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance
- Spikes – exploring the Neural Codes
- A Practical Guide to Brain-Computer Interfacing with BCI2000
- The ARRL Handbook for Radio Communications (Ham Radio)
- Detection of Signals in Noise by McDonough and Whalen
- Some Links:
- Signal Hound Spectrum Analyser
- Gqrx – software defined radio powered by GNU-Radio
- software defined radio news and projects
- Radio Astronomy SDR Receivers
- brain–computer interface (BCI)
- Recording the entire nervous system in real time will unlock secrets of the brain
- Brain Waves and Beta Buzz: The Wild Story of Neural Oscillations
- Zero Span Mode For Pulsed Signal Analysis